“It is better to create than to be learned, creating is the true essence of life” – Barthold Georg Niebuhr
Hello and welcome. If you read my blog regularly you may have been excited to see a new post pop up in your RSS feed, only to find that I really did not write anything.
The purpose of today’s post is all about you. It’s a call to action.
It’s your chance to go from being a consumer to being a creator.
If you love to write then this is easy, if not this can be a great experience.
This is about taking initiative in exploring your thoughts, your emotions, your ideas, and articulating them to yourself instead of searching the net for someone who has done the work for you.
Just take out your preferred writing device, I usually go with a good ol’ pencil and paper and just start writing.
Things you may consider writing about:
- What are you currently feeling? Put it into words, don’t worry about structure or grammar just put it down.
- What observations did you make today? You notice anything peculiar? You have a nice conversation with someone? What did you learn from it?
- What did you dream about last night? Any insights? Describe the scene in vivid detail.
- Make up a story, just pick a starting point and let your imagination run wild.
- What things have you been pondering over recently?
- Did you have any recent challenges you had to overcome? Describe everything you can about the situation. How where you feeling in the moment?
- What’s one thing you would like to teach or share with someone? Try your best to convey the essence of it.
The purpose of this is not quality, this is just to get you to know you can create, that you can express your self. The more you do it the better you will get, the more you will learn.
It’s always great to consume valuable information, but it’s even greater if you can create it yourself. Remember that we are all unique, we all have special experiences to draw upon and share.
I love that you guys out there take the time to read my stuff, but now I would like to read what you write.
If you take my post seriously and actually write something today I would love to check it out.
Email me at: ivan(at)ivancampuzano.com or if you would like to share with everyone post it in the comments. Just don’t post anything offensive.