“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”- Howard Thurman
What a Wonderful World
It was a beautiful sunny day In Busan so I decided to go spend it under some nice shade in a nearby park. While resting I began to think of how my relationship and perception of time has really changed. When I think of all the things I have done in the last few years it amazes me how fast time has passed, yet at the same time I have this feeling of timelessness, just enjoying the moment, going with the flow of life.
The last few years have been filled with countless amazing experiences. One year may only seem like a long time when your waiting, expecting, or hoping for something in the future. But when you are just going with the flow of life 1 year is like a dream, its here one moment then gone in the blink of an eye. Just like In a dream you could have lived a lifetime of excitement or it could have just been an uneventful routine day.
It just amazes me of how much you can actually do in one year when you take responsibility for your life. To take the actions necessary to try and understand yourself and pursue the things that bring you joy.
Today I would also like to share a video (bottom of post) of some random clips from the last year of my life, I like to make videos to document and see where I was at in a specific point in time. To show myself how I am constantly growing and changing with life.
Here are a few of the things I did within the last year:
- I moved to Costa Rica
- I zipped lined across the cloud rain forest experiencing one of the most breathtaking sceneries of my life.
- I watched leather back turtles laying their eggs on the beach.
- I went on a Coffee Tour.
- I went on a silence retreat.
- I did yoga on the beach.
- I ate amazing Caribbean foods.
- I experimented cooking with mango and all types of tropical fruits.
- I met and made many amazing friends.
- I spent quality time with people I love and care about.
- I went to a Costa Rican wedding.
- I went to many festivals and all types of events.
- I read ton’s of books.
- I wrote a ton.
- I enjoyed beautiful moments of silence in nature daily.
- I spent quality time with myself daily.
- I visited my family in Mexico.
- I got to witness the last moments of my very loving grandmothers life.
- I spent some quality time with my parents before leaving on my next adventure.
- I moved to Busan, South Korea.
- I am learning to eat with chop sticks 🙂
- I am trying to learn Korean.
Living Your Best Life Now
I just want you to start documenting the things you do that make you feel alive, that actually feel like your living your life. Take out a notebook and evaluate one year of your life from where you are at today.
Write down and answer of few of these questions:
- What things are the same?
- What things are different or have changed?
- Who where the most important people in your life?
- Who are now the most important people in your life?
- What meals did you enjoy the most?
- What unique things did you do?
- What did you create?
- Where did you travel?
- What meaningful movies did you see?
- How many meaningful and deep discussions did you have?
- What new things did you learn?
- What goals did you make?
- What physical activities did you do?
- What new friends did you make?
The important thing here is to be honest with oneself. If you have been waiting to live your life, it may really hurt you to see that you have been postponing living your life. Don’t get down about it just remember that when you really want to, you can change the course of your life in an instant.
Look at all the things you wrote down, are you happy with the results? Keep the paper, file it away and do the same thing one year from today. If nothing changes in one year you really have to ask yourself what kind of life you are really leading?
Time flies, next thing you know you are 65 years old and realize you really never lived. I think too many of us take ourselves and our life for granted. We come on this earth plane to see and do as much as we can, now quit reading this post and get out there and live it up.
If you enjoyed this post check out:
- Stuck In The Middle: Living In The Land of Observation
- The Essentials To Stress Management: To Help You Achieve Harmony in Mind, Body, And Spirit
- What Time is It? Time To Reexamine Your Relationship To Time
- Discovering Your Life’s Purpose and Exploring Your Divine Nature
- How To Create a New Day and A New You