“Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” Denis Waitley
In today’s post I would like you to take out a piece of paper and write down all of the valuable assets that you possess. Many times on our quest to reach our goals I think we constantly focus on what we lack and forget to acknowledge that we already have a lot.
We become so focused on the destination that we forget about the journey and the things that will help us reach our final goal. Learn to enjoy each day and be appreciative of what you have right now, use it as a stepping stone to your next stage of growth.
Below is a sample list I made for myself, whenever I encounter an obstacle I can pull it out to help me brainstorm ways to overcome it.
Things To Be Thankful For
1. Supportive Family: My family does not necessarily always agree with my vagabond lifestyle, but they are always there to help and lend their support in any way they can.
2. My Computer: Without it this site would not be possible.
3. My Car: Get’s me from point A to point B.
4. Optimistic Attitude: I always strive to continue learning and experiencing new things, having this attitude helps me make the most out of my situations.
5. Speak other languages: I am able to communicate and understand people of different cultures and backgrounds.
6. Good People Skills: I am able to make friends very easily wherever I go, because I am genuinely interested in learning from others.
7. My Imagination: It’s what makes life special to me.
8. My Curiosity: It helps me constantly learn something new by immersing my self in unknown experiences.
So there you have it, now go and make your own list, print it out and post it over your work space. Whenever you feel overwhelmed and confronted with a problem, read it to remind you of all the assets that you already possess.
If you don’t take the time to acknowledge them you will forget that you even have them. So learn to give yourself some credit, I am sure you will be able to find a solution based on what you already have.
If you enjoyed this post check out: